Saturday, January 3, 2009

eBay Analysis:

This was my first time ever buying something from eBay, I had heard a lot about it and knew my mother was familiar with it and had used it a few times to buy stuff but was unfamiliar with putting up things for sale. I had never actually been on the website and I was really surprised to find that they sold just about everything you could possibly imagine (cars, postcards, clothes, books, etc.) I Originally did not have an idea of what I wanted to buy but I found it very interesting that they has a ton of new/never been worn American apparel clothes in one style but in a variety of colors and sizes for half the price of what it cost in the store. I had my eye set on a shirt selling for $11.95 but because there was so many of them it was an easy item to win. Although there was not a lot of competition for the item I wanted, I talked to my mom and she told me about her experience and said there is strategy behind it. like Andy she was telling me about J-bid, you can set the computer to automatically send eBay your final bet seconds before the action will end leaving very little time to out bid you. Although there are lots of good finds, I think there is also a down side if its a hot item that lots of people are interested in than the price will get higher and higher, hopefully people will be smart enough to stop throwing out offers if the price gets to high and it becomes not a good deal anymore. I like the fact that it is like recycling, instead of someone going out a buying a new coat they can buy one that is almost new but from someone else. This can relate back to the AWOL because eBay is yet another place that offers deals and steals for people looking to buy stuff.

No comments: